- Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Sustainability
- Ph.D. in Sustainability Science
- M.S. in Urban Planning and Development
- M.S. in Geographic Information Science
- MBA/M.S. in Sustainability Dual Degree
- Why MBA/M.S. in Sustainability?
- Tuition, Financial Aid, and Scholarships
- Contact the MBA/M.S. in Sustainability Program
- Apply to the MBA/M.S. in Sustainability
- J.D./M.S. in Urban Planning and Development Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
- Accelerated M.S. in Sustainability
MBA/M.S. in Sustainability
The Saint Louis University Center for Sustainability and the John Cook School of Business jointly administer an MBA/M.S. in Sustainability full-time, dual degree program.
MBA/M.S. in Sustainability Dual Degree
Graduates of SLU's MBA/M.S. in Sustainability dual degree program earn both a Master of Science in Sustainability and a Master of Business Administration. The program structure allows students to receive both degrees faster than if they pursued them separately.
Our MBA/M.S. in Sustainability program is designed for students interested in the critical link between business and sustainability. Through courses that bring the latest measurement and research in the field with key leadership skills, students will understand, anticipate and navigate the complex and evolving landscape of social, fiscal and environmental practices and policies in a low-carbon economy.
This program includes a study abroad component. For two weeks between the fall and spring semesters, students take an international trip to study foreign-based business cases, attend guest lectures, and gain valuable hands-on international business experience.
The dual degree combines rigorous business training with a systems-based understanding of the social, ecological, and economic impacts of humans' interaction with their environment. Coursework is designed to deliver a broad base of knowledge of core business and sustainability concepts, an understanding of how sustainable business practices can enhance business performance in a socially and ecologically responsible manner, and the skills needed to assume a leadership role in the global, 21st century economy.
Sample of the MBA/M.S. in Sustainability curriculum.