- Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Sustainability
- Ph.D. in Sustainability Science
- M.S. in Urban Planning and Development
- Why Urban Planning and Development?
- Program Summary
- Core Course Descriptions
- Plan of Study
- Graduate Assistantships
- Apply to Urban Planning and Development
- M.S. in Geographic Information Science
- MBA/M.S. in Sustainability Dual Degree
- J.D./M.S. in Urban Planning and Development Dual Degree
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
- Accelerated M.S. in Sustainability
Apply to Urban Planning and Development
- Fall admittance to be considered for a graduate assistantship: January 31
- Fall admittance for international students: May 1
- Fall admittance for domestic students: July 1
- No admittance in spring or summer sessions
Application review process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received, beginning August 1 and continuing until the July 1 general application deadline.
Application requirements for all students
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE** scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Professional goal statement
*Any student who exceeds the minimum GPA and GRE test scores will be admitted to the program. Students who are below one or more of these minimums will be evaluated for admission on a case-by-case basis.
**Students may submit a petition to the Director to substitute GMAT or LSAT scores for GRE scores.
Additional application requirements for international students
- Completed Declaration of Financial Support packet with all accompanying documents
- TOEFL score (minimum: 80) or IELTS score (minimum: 6.5)
- Applicants may be asked to schedule an online interview before final acceptance.
Please visit Saint Louis University's International Prospects, Applicants and Students page for more information about international application requirements.
Mailing address for official documents
Official transcripts, GRE scores, and TOEFL or IELTS score (if applicable) should be mailed to:
Saint Louis University
One North Grand Blvd., Room 150
St. Louis, MO 63103