Globalization Urbanization and the Environment
April 26, 2012This summer, the Center for Sustainability will be offering a compelling new course entitled Globalization, Urbanization and the Environment (MOS 592).
This course will explore topics ranging from:
- the causes of urbanization
- environmental consequences of urbanization
- over-urbanization and the rise of mega-cities
- conditions that facilitate mega-cities
- impacts of the global economy on the environment
- the role of traditional institutions in addressing these issues
The course will take place during the 8-week summer session, starting June 5 through July 26, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30pm- 8:00pm.