Alumni Employment and Continuing Education Rates
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) annually conducts research on the employment and continuing education of recent SLU graduates from our undergraduate programs. The research method is an annual survey of all such recent graduates administered by e-mail, by standard mail, and by phone.
The survey asks alumni respondents to identify their current employment and education statuses according to one of the following categories:
Respondents who are employed full-time, employed part-time, or serving in the U.S. military. Does not include respondents who are enrolled in graduate or professional school.
- In Graduate or Professional School
Respondents who are enrolled in a graduate or professional program and are not employed.
- Employed and in Graduate or Professional School
Respondents who are enrolled in a graduate or professional program and employed.
- Not Employed and Seeking Employment
Respondents who are not employed and seeking employment.
- Unemployed but Not Seeking Employment
Respondents who are unemployed but not seeking employment.
- Participating In a Year of Volunteer Service
Respondents who are participating in a year of service program (e.g., Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America).
Summary results at the University-wide level are provided below.
Want More Details?
- For a breakdown by SLU's undergraduate colleges and schools for 2014-2015 graduates, click here.
- For a breakdown by SLU major for the 2012-2013, 2013-2014, and 2014-2015 graduates combined, click here.
A full description of the Alumni Survey research project -- including survey methods, survey instrument, survey timelines, and fully-detailed results -- is available from the Office of Institutional Research at (314) 977-3489 or OIR@slu.edu.