An exchange student takes courses at Saint Louis University for either a semester or full academic year. Exchange students must be approved for short-term study at Saint Louis University and their home institution before applying. Take these steps to become an exchange student at Saint Louis University:
1. Ask your adviser to send an approval e-mail. Your adviser should e-mail Harvey Werner, International Recruitment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, approving your participation in the exchange program. The e-mail must include: your name, the name of your university and the semester you plan to attend SLU.
2. Complete the application form online.
3. Send your original transcripts. Photocopies that have been certified (stamped) by the issuing institution are acceptable, but if you submit a certified copy, you must present the originals when you arrive. All official transcripts must be accompanied by translations in English. Transcripts must be received by the Office of Admission sealed in the original envelope provided by your institution. Transcripts submitted via e-mail or fax will NOT be accepted.
4. Submit proof of English language proficiency. All international applicants are required to demonstrate their English proficiency, which can be done by one of the following methods:
5. Send proof of financial support. You must send:
The estimated cost of living for one year is approximately $18,698 USD and for one semester is $9,349 USD.
You must send an original letter and bank statement; copies are NOT accepted.
Please submit all documents to:
Saint Louis University
DuBourg Hall, Room 150
One North Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
Once the Office of Admission has received all of the required information, your file is reviewed to determine eligibility for admission to the University. In reviewing your file, first and foremost, the office examines your academic performance. Solid academic performance in college preparatory course work is a primary concern in determining your admission status. All students are notified of their admission status upon completion of this thorough review.
Please Note: To be considered for fall admission, all materials must be submitted before June 1.