Cost and Payment
Counseling fees at the University Counseling Center
The Saint Louis University Counseling Center's primary objective is to make mental health services available to any student who needs them. Thus, we make every effort to minimize barriers.
We cover the cost of services in one of two ways:
→ Under most circumstances, the student's insurance is billed.
- Students are required to have health insurance
- During the first appointment, we will gather insurance information
- We handle communications and billing of your insurance
- If your insurance changes or expires, please notify us
- We accept whatever reimbursement your insurance offers and write off any remaining cost
→ Under some circumstances, student's insurance does not cover the University Counseling Center or the student may wish to forego using their insurance.
- In these cases, students may pay a $25 out-of-pocket fee per session
- If you have questions about your insurance, whether it covers the University Counseling Center, or have other questions or need additional information, please contact our Senior Patient Care Coordinator at 314-977-TALK (8255) if you have questions about this option