ResponsiBillikens are a peer resource for SLU student athletes to go to for discussion and dialogue on difficult issues related to issues like sexual health, sexual assault, substance use, and overall wellness.
These mentors function as a resource on their teams and within the athletic department. They are trained in various health and wellness topics, as well as communication skills. Their goal is not to "tattle," but rather mentor, assist, and make appropriate referrals to campus resources when necessary. Their main function is to assist their fellow student athletes in being successful and growing personally and academically.
ResponsiBillikens are here for YOU! Don't hesitate to seek out a ResponsiBilliken to help you!
Like us on Facebook!
Bill's Accountability Pledge
- Be RESPONSIBLE for yourself and your teammate's behaviors and decisions.
- Inform yourself and your peers about the risks of alcohol consumption and other substance abuse.
- Lead by example and create a positive representation of SLU's athletic department.
- Live a life dedicated to the improvement of not only yourself, but the Saint Louis community.
- Strive to excel both on and off the field
Teammates, Friends... ResponsiBillikens!
SLU Athletics homepage
The ResponsiBillikens are made possible by the NCAA Choices Grant that SLU received July 2011. This grant is a 3-year grant that helps support our ResponsiBillikens, a social norms campaign, and Billikens After Dark late night events on campus.
The NCAA Choices Grant program was established to educate students about the risks involved with the misuse of alcohol through the support of the NCAA and Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.