Counseling services are available to all Saint Louis University students free of charge, including full-time, part-time, graduate, law and medical students. We provide a broad range of services to the Saint Louis University community, including individual and couples counseling, educational and therapy groups, outreach and prevention, and consultation to groups, departments and organizations. Psychiatry appointments are available at the Student Health Center (for more information, click here).
Making An Appointment
- To schedule a counseling appointment at the University Counseling Center, please call 314-977-TALK (8255). Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first visit.
- To schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist, call the Student Health Center at 314-977-2323.
- When you call, we will gather some preliminary information and arrange an appointment.
- Appointments are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Students are permitted 10 individual therapy sessions per academic year.
- The University Counseling Center is closed on all University holidays. Click here for a list of holidays.
What To Expect at Your First Appointment
- Your appointment will typically last 30-50 minutes
- We will provide you some forms to complete
- You will receive a diagnostic interview
- Your provider will recommend treatment and follow up options
- In some cases, you may be referred to a physician and/or psychiatrist as part of your care
If You Need To Change an Appointment
- Call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or change appointments