Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment
Treatment may include the following:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Inpatient Program
- Participation in AA, NA, Al-Anon, etc.
If you have been referred for an alcohol or drug abuse assessment from the Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards you must arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to complete intake information.
Resources for Students:
- Individual and group counseling at the University Counseling Center. Please call 314-977-TALK (8255) to schedule an appointment.
- SHARP I & II (Saint Louis University Alcohol Reduction Program). Call the University Counseling Center at 314-977-TALK.
- SLU Recovery Group meets on campus one evening per week at 6:00 p.m.
- AA meetings are held at Saint Xavier College Church Parish Center on Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Local AA meetings: 314-647-3677
- Local NA meetings: 314-830-3232
Resources for Parents:
- What Parents Need to Know About College Drinking
- Parents Guide to Talking to Your Student About Alcohol
For more information on these resources or drug and alcohol treatment, contact Jay Winig at 314-977-2833.