SHARP II is an 6-week group experience designed to help students who have committed a significant or repeated alcohol or marijuana-related violation. In order to successfully complete the program, students must participate in all 6 sessions.
Advanced Alcohol & Marijuana
- Students who are transported to the Emergency Room for alcohol intoxication
- Students who are involved in fights or acts of violence under the influence
- Students with multiple alcohol violations
- Students with any unusual behavior while under the influence
- Students who have had any marijuana violation
- Confirmed marijuana odor
- Drug paraphernalia
- Marijuana found in the room
What you need to know about SHARP II:
- You must complete a 30 minute individual session with a SHARP facilitator prior to beginning the program. This orientation covers:
- Reviewing group rules
- Providing materials for the group
- Establishing your goals for the program
- Your group will meet once per week, for one hour, for 6 consecutive weeks.
- You will be given up-to-date information about substance use and abuse on college campuses.
- You will engage in experiential activities with other group members
- You will be able to identify areas of your life that need improvement
- At the end of the 6 week program, you are required to present to the group about your knowledge and progress.
- You must demonstrate that you can make decisions about alcohol/drug use to minimize future problems.
- You must pay $200 for the SHARP II program.