Calendar of Events
The Saint Louis University community is invited to learn what the Women's Commission at SLU is all about by attending one of our many informative and educational events. Event details are shared through Newslink and the Women's Commission monthly newsletter.
Lessons on Leadership: Developing Leadership Skills that Align with your Values
February 22, 2017, 12-1pm, Allied Health Multipurpose Room.
Join us for an interactive workshop. Dr. Lisa Dorsey will begin the program by speaking from her experiences as a woman in leadership positions throughout her career. She will speak about how woman can develop confidence in themselves and how this confidence can open up doors for new opportunities.
The second half of the program will be led by Jade Taylor, who will facilitate a guided reflection on core values and help participants consider how those values can relate to the development of leadership skills.
Coffee and desserts will be provided. Please feel free to bring a lunch.
She Works Hard for the Money: Women Today and Finances
Offered two days, in two locations, for your convenience:
Monday, March 6 from 12-1pm in the Allied Health Multipurpose Room AND Friday, March 10th from 12-1pm in Pere Marquette (DuBourg)
Join us for a presentation on to be financially successful in today's world. The event will feature presentations from TIAA CREF on the services they offer to SLU employees, CompPsych (SLU's Employee Assistance Program) on how to pay of debt while building wealth, and from the SLU Benefits office.
The Women's Commission will serve coffee and desserts, but participants may feel free to bring a lunch.
Please RSVP here for the event.
Women of the Year Luncheon
April 26, 2017
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University Women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students, are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held on Wednesday, April 26th at noon in the Wool Ballroom of the Busch Student Center, informal reception for the honorees begins at 11:30 am. Reservation forms will be available at a later date.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to find an outstanding woman whose life and work are exemplars to be admired and imitated, and to submit a letter nominating her to be recognized as one of the five Women of the Year, an honor she will cherish.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed.
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not necessarily a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for selection (include in nomination letter):
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her professional and personal achievements. (Please list awards, honors, and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made.)
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community around her.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- Years of Service: The nominee must be an employee who has been employed at the University at least five years, a undergraduate student in her senior year, or a graduate student.
Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible. You can find a list of past honorees here.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Kellisa Lyn Fiala, Women's Commission Awards Chair, 203 Tegeler Hall, North Campus, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date is February 28, 2017. If you have questions please contact Kellisa Lyn Fiala at 314-977-2712 or email@example.com.