Women of the Year
Saint Louis University – Women of the Year
2014 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students, are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held at noon Wednesday, April 30, in the Wool Ballroom at Busch Student Center. Reservation forms will be available at a later date.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to find an outstanding woman whose life and work are an exemplar to be admired and imitated, and to submit a letter nominating her to be recognized as one of the five Women of the Year, an honor she will cherish.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed.
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not necessarily a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for selection (include in nomination letter):
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her professional and personal achievements. (List awards, honors and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made.)
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community around her.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- The nominee must be an employee who has been employed at the University at least five years.
Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible. Find a list of past honorees on the SLU Women's Commission website.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Julie Wolter, Women's Commission awards chair, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date is Friday, Feb. 28.
For more information, contact Julie Wolter at email@example.com or 314-977-8720.