- Women of the Year
Women of the Year
The Women's Commission invites you to join in the traditional recognition of the contributions of women to the success of our University Mission. This is the 41st annual Women of the Year Recognition Ceremony and Luncheon.
It is scheduled this year for Wednesday, April 26th, in the Wool Ballroom of Busch Student Center. An informal reception for our honorees begins at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is served at Noon.
2017 Women of the Year Call for Nominations
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University Women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students, are recognized for their contributions, commitment and years of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held on Wednesday, April 26th at noon in the Wool Ballroom of the Busch Student Center, informal reception for the honorees begins at 11:30 am. Reservation form.
2017 Women of the Year honorees:
- LaShone Gibson, M.I.S., former Associate Dean of Admission & doctoral student in Higher Education Administration
- Mona Hicks, Ed.D, Dean of Students, Associate VP of Student Development
- Joanne Langan, Ph.D., RN, C.N.E., Associate Professor & Associate Dean, Undergraduate and Prelicensure Education, School of Nursing
- Norma A. Metheny, Ph.D, RN, FAAN, Professor & Dorothy A. Votsmier Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing
- Angela Sharkey, MD Professor & Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Development, Division of Cardiology
Criteria for selection:
- Evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- Recognition for professional and personal achievements.
- Evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community around her.
- Evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- Years of Service: The nominee must be an employee who has been employed at the University at least five years, a undergraduate student in her senior year, or a graduate student.
You can find a list of past honorees here.