- Women of the Year
Women of the Year
The Women's Commission invites you to join in the traditional recognition of the contributions of women to the success of our University Mission. This is the 41st annual Women of the Year Recognition Ceremony and Luncheon.
It is scheduled this year for Wednesday, April 26th, in the Wool Ballroom of Busch Student Center. An informal reception for our honorees begins at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is served at Noon.
2017 Women of the Year Call for Nominations
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University Women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students, are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held on Wednesday, April 26th at noon in the Wool Ballroom of the Busch Student Center, informal reception for the honorees begins at 11:30 am. Reservation forms will be available at a later date.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to find an outstanding woman whose life and work are exemplars to be admired and imitated, and to submit a letter nominating her to be recognized as one of the five Women of the Year, an honor she will cherish.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed.
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not necessarily a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for selection (include in nomination letter):
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her professional and personal achievements. (Please list awards, honors, and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made.)
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community around her.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- Years of Service: The nominee must be an employee who has been employed at the University at least five years.
Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible. You can find a list of past honorees here.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Kellisa Lyn Fiala, Women's Commission Awards Chair, 203 Tegeler Hall, North Campus, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date is February 28, 2017.
If you have questions please contact Kellisa Lyn Fiala at 314-977-2712 or email@example.com.