Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held on April 25, 2018 at noon in the Wool Ballroom in Busch Student Center. Everyone is invited and encouraged to nominate an outstanding woman from Saint Louis University to be recognized as one of the five Women of the Year, an honor to be cherished.
We are pleased to announce the names of the Women of the Year honorees for 2018:
- L. Michelle Lewis, Director, Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity
- Debra Rudder Lohe, Ph.D., Director, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning
- Kate McCollum, Senior, College of Arts & Sciences
- Teri Murray, Ph.D., APHN-BC, RN, FAAN., Professor, Dean of the School of Nursing
- Janet Oberle, Coordinator and Senior Associate Athletic Director, Athletics
Criteria for selection:
- Given evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- Past recognition and honors for her personal and professional achievements.
- Given evidence of sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Given evidence that she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community.
- Given evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- 5+ Years of Service (for SLU faculty or staff)
Reserve your seat here. You can find a list of past honorees on the SLU Women's Commission website.