Educational Leadership & Higher Education HomeSLU's graduate programs in Educational Leadership and Higher Education Administration provide students with cutting edge instruction, a caring learning environment and a challenging academic experience. Our programs are well-recognized within the St. Louis region as preparing professionals to excel in their careers and give back to the greater community.
The mission of the Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education is to prepare students for leadership positions in the field of educational leadership and higher education. Our department offers professional and certification programs at the graduate level. The professional programs in Higher Education prepare individuals for administrative positions at the college and university level. The professional and certification programs in Educational Leadership prepare individuals of administrative positions at the building and school district level.
- Largest Graduate Program at Saint Louis University
- Numerous Cohorts Throughout Missouri and Illinois
- Flexible Evening, Weekend and Part-time Programs
- Internships Available in Universities and Schools
- Curriculum Emphasis on Theoretical Knowledge and Practical Skill Development
- Expert Faculty with Scholarly Knowledge and Practical Experience
- Member of the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA)
The goals of the Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education are generated through a firm commitment to its philosophy statement:
- To prepare reflective practitioners committed to excellence in service to others;
- To instill four "habits" within our students: the habit of service, the habit of inquiry and research, the habit of self-examination and reflection, and the habit of leadership within a community of scholars;
- To offer students an excellent professional education and a sound background within a liberal tradition of education; and
- To reaffirm and strengthen a commitment of service to the community.
The Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education is accredited by the following agencies:
- North Central Association of Colleges and Universities
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
3500 Lindell Blvd, St. Louis, MO USA 63103-1024
ph 314 977-2508 | fx 314 977-3214