- Prospective Students
TAP Frequently Asked Questions
- What is TAP?
- Where will I take classes?
- Will I be required to take an admissions assessment test?
- Will I be required to take the SAT or ACT?
- What type(s) of associate's degree(s) can I earn?
- What type(s) of bachelor's degree(s) can I earn?
- How quickly can I earn my degree?
- What' s the difference between semesters at SWIC or terms at SLU?
- Are courses in the program taught differently than traditional courses?
- How often will I attend class?
- When are classes offered?
- Where do I purchase my books and class materials?
- Is financial aid available? How do I apply?
- What type of support is available for TAP students?
- How do I apply to the program?
- How do I register for class?
- How much does a class cost?
- Do TAP courses ever cancel?
- More Questions?
1. What is TAP?
TAP stands for Transfer Alliance Program, a cooperative effort between Southwestern Illinois College and Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies that allows you to work simultaneously on an associate's degree and/or bachelor's degree through a dual admission arrangement.
2. Where will I take classes?
Classes are held in the evening at SLU's St. Louis campus or conveniently online.
3. Will I be required to take an admissions assessment test?
While there is no test required to be admitted to the program, standard assessment tests are given for math and English placement. Placement tests are administered at SWIC or at SLU, depending on where you plan to take your math and English classes.
6. What type(s) of bachelor's degree(s) can I earn?
A complete list of bachelor's degrees available through SLU SPS can be found on the Majors & Programs page.
7. How quickly can I earn my degree?
A full-time student can earn up to 30 credit hours per year by taking 10 classes at either SLU, SWIC or a combination of both schools. At this pace, you could complete an associate's degree in two years and a bachelor's degree in four years.
12. Where do I purchase my books and class materials?
You can buy SLU books at the SLU bookstore, you can order your books online for SWIC courses and SLU courses at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore website.
13. Is financial aid available? How do I apply?
Yes. To determine eligibility for financial assistance, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early for maximum consideration. FAFSA forms are available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
14. What type of support is available for TAP students?
Admissions representatives are available to assist you with admission, orientation, academic planning and registration. In addition, Southwestern's Success Center and SLU's Student Educational Services are available to help you in virtually all academic areas.
15. How do I apply to the program?
You will need to fill out the TAP Student Information Form. Request these forms by calling 1.800.734.6736 or apply online.
16. How do I register for class?
Once admitted into the program, you can register for Southwestern's classes by calling 1.800.222.5131, ext. 5455. For SLU classes, you can register online with Banner Self Service, accessed through the mySLU portal. Go to the registration page for more information.
18. Do TAP courses ever cancel?
Yes. In cases where too few students have enrolled in a class, Southwestern and/or SLU may decide to cancel it. You will be notified before the first class meeting if this occurs.
19. More questions?
Call SLU at 1.800.734.6736 and ask to speak with an admissions representative or submit an information request form. Call Southwestern at 1.618.235.2700, ext. 5664, or e-mail Admissions Specialist Lyn Waller at email@example.com.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|