About the Center
The Goals of the Center for Social Justice:
Working with Saint Louis University and the School of Social Work, the Doerr Center for Social Justice seeks to alleviate unjust social and economic barriers for disadvantaged population groups through the following activities:
- Promoting social justice in social work education and related fields.
- Educating students in all disciplines to pursue social justice in their work and their personal lives.
- Supporting faculty-community-student partnerships for social justice research.
Areas of Focus:
The Center focuses its efforts on a wide range of social justice issues, including but not limited to:
- Children and youth
- Economic justice and poverty
- Gender issues
- Global justice
- Health and mental health
- Housing/asset development for low-income groups
- Older adult issues
- Peace and reconciliation
- Racial justice/cultural diversity