Radiation Therapy Program
Program Goals - what makes our program unique?
The Radiation Therapy Program is the only program in the St. Louis Area. Because it is located in the Doisy College of Health Sciences at Saint Louis University, it gives students the opportunity to interact with students majoring in many health care fields including medicine, nuclear medicine, nursing, physical therapy, physician assistant education, occupational therapy, health information management, nutrition and dietetics, and clinical lab science.
The Radiation Therapy Program strives to produce graduates that will excel in their professional field. We provide the development and knowledge that will allow the student to pursue a variety of paths when they enter the workforce, whether it is working as a staff therapist, pursuing an advanced degree, or pursuing managerial and corporate positions. Our graduates are sought after and are well regarded at the clinical sites where they train. Students receive premier clinical experiences at the finest hospitals in the Saint Louis Metropolitan Area.
Students receive instruction from expert full-time and adjunct faculty in a diverse group of related disciplines including radiation therapists, certified medical dosimetrists, nuclear medicine technologists, physicians, nurses, physical therapists, pharmacists, physicists, managers and other professionals.
Programmatic Mission: The Radiation Therapy Program at Saint Louis University, Doisy College of Health Sciences is dedicated to preparing liberally educated, competent, caring and socially responsible Radiation Therapists, committed to clinical and scholarly excellence.
Radiation Therapy Program Goals:
- perform procedures, tasks and skills accurately
- use analytical and clinical decision-making skills to evaluate health status
- maintain effective quality assurance
- assess the economic implications of new techniques, equipment and procedures
- use research strategies to evaluate and implement procedures/protocols
- demonstrate effective communication skills
- adhere to professional, ethical, and legal standards
- participate in improvement of health care, scholarship in clinical practice, and lifelong learning