BS in Social WorkTo become a Social Work major in the School of Social Work, you will need to:
- Be admitted to Saint Louis University.
- Complete an Application for Admission to the Social Work Major during your sophomore year.
- Take the lower level social work courses (SWRK 100: Introduction to Social Work, and SWRK 227: Human Behavior and the Social Environment).
- Prepare a personal statement that addresses the following:
Reasons for wanting to major in social work
Qualities or attributes that make you suitable for the social work profession
Life experiences that helped shape your desire to major in social work
- Schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the Program Director. (An interview with the Admission Committee may also be required.)
Note: Formal admission to the social work major must be completed before you can enroll in upper level (300 and higher) courses. Lower level (100-200) courses are open to all students.