- Medical Student Education
- Medical Student Education Activities
- Medical Family Therapy Program
- How to Apply
- MedFT Graduate Assistantships
- Program Description
- M.A. Degrees
- Ph.D. Degree
- Center for Counseling and Family Therapy
- Relationships & Brain Sciences Research Laboratory
- Family Medicine Residencies
- For Preceptors & Educators
Medical Family Therapy Program
*Concentrations available in Medical Family Therapy
The Medical Family Therapy Doctoral Program at Saint Louis University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), 112 S. Alfred Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, 703.838.9808.
In accordance with the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Recognition Standard 12B and Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) policies, programs must publish their Student Achievement Criteria (SAC). To review such data for Saint Louis University Medical Family Therapy Program, please go to the COAMFTE Criteria Page.
The Department's application deadline is January 15 with entrance expected in the fall semester. After an initial screening, applicants may be invited to campus to participate in an interview/orientation process. These interviews are scheduled on a Friday in late February or early March and include individual interviews, as well as a group interview. Current students are available to discuss department initiatives and to answer questions from applicants.
The following documents must be submitted to the Graduate Admission Office by the department's January 15 application deadline:
- on-line application and fee
- Graduate Record Exam - General test
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional goal statement
- Doctoral Program Applicants - Scholarship Sample (e.g., Thesis, Manuscript, Journal article)
The Medical Family Therapy Program offers graduate assistantships that are awarded each spring for the following academic year. All current and newly-admitted students are invited to apply for these assistantships on a competitive basis.
For more information about affording your graduate program, visit the Graduate Education web site.
Last Updated 08/09/2013