Registered for the 2015-2016 School Year?
The Fall 1 term begins Monday, August 17. Register now to avoid the hassle of wait-listed courses. It's important to register early as classes with low enrollments can be cancelled prior to the first day of term. You can register yourself using Banner Self-Service, completing an online registration form, or contacting your academic advisor directly. Find SPS course schedules here.
RN to BSN Program Changes
We Now Accept More Transfer Credits to Earn Your BSN
Exciting changes are coming to the online RN to BSN program! We've updated our curriculum and now accept more transfer credits than ever so you can earn your degree faster. Check out the changes here!
Ceremony for Workforce Center Certificate Students
The Workforce Center is gathering information from students in their Certificate Programs for a Ceremony to take place at the end of July. If you believe you are eligible to participate in this summer's ceremony, please take a few moments to fill out this application. If you have any questions or difficulty, please call (314) 977-3226 to complete your application over the phone. Certificate applications and RSVPs are required for the Ceremony!
Graduating in October or December of 2015? Don't Forget Your Applicaton for Degree
If you anticipate graduating from your undergraduate degree or certificate program in October or December, please complete an online graduation application through Banner Self-Service by Wednesday, September 30. Your advisor will complete a graduation audit once he or she receives your application. The audit confirms that you have met the minimum overall GPA of 2.0, the minimum number of credit hours for the degree, specific course requirements of the degree, and that your transfer courses are congruent with our transfer policy. Students who have previously applied for graduation must complete the application through Banner-Self Service even if a graduation audit has already been completed.
Career Services Now Using Handshake
Career Services is happy to announce that Handshake has replaced CareerLink for on-campus and off-campus jobs and internships for students and alumni. It is user friendly, and current students will be able to access it through their mySLU account. Career Development Specialists will be happy to review resumes and cover letters through Handshake or they can be sent to careers.slu.edu. In the near future, Interview Stream will be available to assist students and alumni with mock interviews. Until that is ready, please schedule an appointment with Susan Gale, Career Development Specialist through SLU Appointments or call (314) 977-2828.
Networking Opportunities for Project Management Students
•Join us for the SLU-sponsored breakfast event: "P.M. in the A.M. for Busy Professionals." This series continues at Saint Louis University, with a presentation by Dr. Matt Grawitch on "Reducing the Pain of Change Management." Changes in projects are common and may be deleterious or beneficial-project changes affect the cost, the scheduling, and the risks that impact project success, both directly and indirectly, so we must do anything we can do to enhance our change management performance. When & Where: Friday, August 14, 2015, from 7:30a.m. to 8:45a.m., at the Center for Workforce and Organizational Development in the Wool Center, 3545 Lindell Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63103. Register at http://stlpmi.org/meetinginfo.php?id=219&ts=1433479203.
• On the Illinois side? SLU is sponsoring a Project Management luncheon in O'Fallon. In this session, Dr. Ronda Sauget, MBA, will provide an introduction on "How PMP skills have been used in over $10 Billion in new regional economic investments." She will then review the concepts around Strategic and Project Management as an integrated process (at the Project, Program and Portfolio levels). When & Where: Friday, September 25, 2015, from 11:15a.m. to 12:50p.m., at Bella Milano (Sicilian Room), 455 Regency Park Dr, O Fallon, IL 62269. A lunch buffet will be served. Register http://stlpmi.org/meetinginfo.php?id=218&ts=1433477676
• SLU-sponsored International Project Management Day (IPM Day). IPM Day is a worldwide recognition of the many project managers and project teams in every industry who contribute their time, energy, creativity, innovation, and countless hours to deliver products, services, or results, from facilities to emergency and disaster recovery services, in every city and community around the world. IPM Day is intended to encourage project managers through this key recognition event by demonstrating our appreciation for the achievements of project managers and their teams. When and Where: November 5, 2015, from 5p.m. to 9p.m. at Saint Louis University's School of Law, 100 N. Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63101. Food, drinks, prizes and a motivating speaker accompany an awesome networking opportunity with about 150 attendees, including corporate CEOs. Also, the St. Louis PM and Project of the Year will be announced. Look for award nominations and event sign-up in the next e.advisor.
Attention Hospitality Minor and Certificate Students
Applications are now being accepted for two scholarships given to a new or continuing SPS hospitality student.
• Apply by August 7 for the Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship to be disbursed in fall.
• Apply by December 11 for the Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship to be disbursed in the spring 2016.
Please direct any questions to Katie Devany at email@example.com.
Missing Financial Aid Documents or Need More Information?
Check for Financial Aid Missing Documents or Information in your MySLU portal:
1. Click on the Student Tab at the top
2. In the Financial Aid Requirements box, select the desired aid year from Choose Another Year drop down list and click GO
3. View the missing documents or information
4. Follow the links to complete the outstanding items
Please call (314) 977-2350 with any questions.
Policy Reminder: Avoiding Holds
A list of student holds can be found at: http://www.slu.edu/x25921.xml. Click on the hold type to find out how to get the hold removed. Please note that Student Accounts holds are not automatically removed upon payment to the university. Contact Student Accounts at (314) 977-2395 to have the hold removed.
SLU for Busy Adults to Host Information Session on July 29
Do you know anyone who would benefit from a Saint Louis University degree? Invite them to our upcoming St. Louis campus information session on Wednesday, July 29 from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., CDT at Il Monastero. Click here for more information, including a link to register.
SLUnited Event Wrap-Up
Thanks to everyone for supporting our third annual SLUnited on Thursday, April 16, 2015 at Il Monastero. The event raised $19,000 through sponsorships which will fund Hospitality scholarships. Approximately 100 attendees enjoyed speed networking and a taste of Midtown from local businesses who contributed food and drink for SLUnited guests.
Save the Date for the SPS Trivia Night
The 7th Annual SLU School for Professional Studies Trivia Night to benefit student scholarships will be held on Friday, November 6, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. Please contact Lisa Masters, SPS Development Officer, at (314) 977-3938 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help or contribute. More information to come...
Contribute to the SPS e.advisor
We would love to feature SPS students in our next e.advisor! If you have any announcements you would like to include or if you just want to highlight a class experience, please email email@example.com.
Save These Dates
On-Campus Information Session
Fall 1 Scholarship Deadlines
New Student Orientation
Fall 1 Term Begins
Early September Online Info Session
Late September Online Info Session
SPS Events Calendar
Study Tip of the Month
Use mneumonics to remember key information. Musical tunes, name acronyms (think ROY G. BIV), and many other memory tools can help you recall important information!
Financial Aid Tip of the Month
Getting ready for Fall 1? Check the status of your loans and awards with your financial services counselor for the 2015-2016 academic year. Don't know who your counselor is? Find out here.
Reflect and Connect
"The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious." - Marcus Aurelius
Take time to think about all the small things that impede your goals. What can you do to de-clutter your life and make time to accomplish your goals?
Know someone who would enjoy the e.advisor? Share this email with them!
You can connect with SLU SPS students and alumni via our social networking pages on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube. Chat with other current students and alumni about your experiences once you add our friends to your network. You may just find a business connection, a wealth of advice or a new study buddy!