- Undergraduate Education
- Excellence Award Recipients
- Core Curriculum
- B.A. Core Requirements
- B.S. Core Requirements
- College of Arts & Sciences Academic Advising
- Academic Honesty
- Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- Co-Curricular Organizations
- Grade Appeals
- Student Achievement Awards
- Student Funding: Knoedler Undergraduate Research Funds
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
To be certified for graduation, a student is required to complete all course requirements and to meet all of the following conditions:
- Complete a minimum of 120 degree hours and have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in your major, minor, certificate, and related hours.
- Complete his or her final 30 hours at Saint Louis University: Of the 30 required residency hours, especially for transfer students, a minimum of 9 hours of work must be taken with the Major department. Also, a minimum of 6 hours of work must be taken at Saint Louis University within the remaining hours component of the degree.
- Complete all Arts & Sciences core requirements, along with major, minor, certificate and related hour requirements. In order to graduate with honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude) from Saint Louis University a student must complete a minimum of 54 degree hours at Saint Louis University.
- Students completing a double degree must have a minimum of 150 degree hours, cumulative GPA of 2.00 in major, minor, certificate, related hours, and if receiving degrees from two schools or colleges, e.g., Arts & Sciences and Business & Administration all requirements of both schools/colleges must be completed.
Are you on track to graduate?
Averages for graduation honors are computed only on the basis of coursework taken at Saint Louis University. To be eligible for honors, transfer students must take a minimum of 54 hours at Saint Louis University. Grade point averages are not rounded up.
Summa Cum Laude 3.9 - 4.0
Magna Cum Laude 3.7 - 3.899
Cum Laude 3.5 - 3.699
The Spring University Commencement Ceremony is held in May to honor graduates from the past year. Prospective August candidates are welcome at this ceremony, but their names will not appear until the following year in the Commencement booklet. The College of Arts & Sciences holds a Pre-Commencement Ceremony to honor its graduates on Friday preceding the University ceremony. Academic attire is required at both the Commencement and Pre-Commencement ceremonies.
A Mid-Year Commencement Ceremony is held in December to honor all students receiving their degree in January.
Registrar's Graduation Page
Diplomas list the degree the student has earned (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science) and academic honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude), if any.
A graduation fee of $75 is assessed to all graduating students, regardless of participation in commencement activities. You do not have to pay this fee when you turn in your application as it will be billed to your student account.Students will be notified via email once their diploma is available for pickup.