- Faculty & Staff Resources
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSALS FOR CO-CURRICULAR FUNDS
The Co-Curricular Fund of the College of Arts & Sciences supports educational activities that are extensions of the normal classroom. Examples of possible activities that may be supported include the following:
a) Partial funding for classes attending local theatre and cultural events
b) Class field trips
c) Service projects
d) Student retreats
e) Seminar speakers
The above list is not inclusive and other student-centered activities will be considered.
Faculty members, Program Directors, or Departmental Chairpersons of the College of Arts & Sciences may submit proposals for Co-Curricular Funds. Applications must have the support (signature on proposal) of the appropriate Departmental Chairperson or Program Director.
LEVELS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
While there is no maximum award, the amount of the awards will be commensurate with the size of the Fund and normally will not exceed $500 per project.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARDS
Criteria for the co-curricular awards will include educational value of the co-curricular activity, number of students to be benefited, and support of the project from departmental or other sources via matching funds. Proposals should be clear and well written.
The normal submission dates are October 15 and February 15. Proposals submitted on October 15 are for projects taking place up to June 30 of the following year. February submissions are for the current spring semester and the following fall semester. Please submit proposals via the Application for Co-Curricular Funds.
1. Name of faculty member, Program Director, or Chairperson applicant
2. Title of applicant
3. Department of applicant
4. Mail address, e-mail address, and phone number of applicant
5. Title of proposed co-curricular activity
6. Date of proposed co-curricular activity
7. Description of proposed co-curricular activity and its educational value (not more than one page)
8. Matching funds contributed (if any)
9. Itemized budget
10. Chairperson or Program Director signature indicating support of proposal
ADMINISTRATION OF THE CO-CURRICULAR FUND
The Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences administers the Co-Curricular Fund. Submit proposals via the Application for Co-Curricular Funds.