Master of Arts Catholic School Leadership Program
"The Catholic school participates in the evangelizing mission of the Church and is the privileged environment in which Christian education is carried out" ( The Catholic School on the Threshold of the Third Millennium by the Congregation for Catholic Education, 1998, #11). Schools train our future leaders, pass on the great tradition of our faith, welcome families into living faith communities, and serve the ever changing needs of society. In order to preserve and advance private and parochial Catholic education at the elementary and secondary levels in the United States, Saint Louis University, a nationally recognized leader in Catholic education, is proud to offer a master of arts (M.A.) for educators interested in leadership positions in Catholic, parochial, private, diocesan, and archdiocesan schools.
Program's FoundationThere are several dimensions to the Catholic School Leadership Program:
- A strong faith component, including prayer, community building exercises, faith sharing, and collaborative cohorts.
- An emphasis on Church teaching, documents on Catholic education, Catholic social teaching, research on Catholic schools, and The Catechism of the Catholic Church
- A skills orientation focused on developing competency in administrative task areas through the use of problem based learning experiences and WebCT modules.
- A strong intellectual component.
- A combination of theory & practice, with specific application to the realities of Catholic school leadership.
- A unique blending of the knowledge base of educational administration with the Catholic theological tradition.