The Department of Education certifies teachers in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle School English
- Middle School Math
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Social Studies
- High School English
- High School Math
- High School Science
- High School Social Studies
- K-12 Foreign Language
- K-12 Mild Moderate Disabilities Special Education
These programs are part of the education unit of the university, which is accredited by:
- North Central Association of Colleges and Universities
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
In compliance with the provisions of Title II of the Higher Education Act, the following information is provided the public.
- During 2009-2010, ninety-seven percent (97%) of Saint Louis University's initial teacher education program completers passed all required state certification tests. The statewide pass rate that year for program completers was 97%.
- There were 131 students enrolled in Saint Louis University's program during 2009-10.
- The program requires an average of 350 hours of supervised practice teaching.
- During 2009-2010, Saint Louis University placed 52 student teachers, with a student teacher to supervisor ratio of 3.25:1.