The Center offers a two-semester Graduate Assistantship for the Fall and Spring semesters, open to current MSW students or Fall incoming students. The position is announced by flyer and email in February with a late March deadline for application. Incoming students who qualify and have been admitted to the School of Social Work will receive an announcement in the mail.
- Assist in the planning of special events such as Social Justice Night and co-sponsored social justice forums.
- Assist with office work and Center communications; prepare bulletin boards, flyers, announcements to students and faculty, the bi-annual Center newsletter and much more!
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated interest in social justice
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (oral and written)
- Tuition remission for two courses per semester of the assistantship (for a total of 4 courses), plus health insurance for nine months
- Nine month duration (with University holidays off); 16 hours per week (primarily weekday, daytime hours)
- Begins mid-August of the Fall semester, with a flexible start date; ends mid-May at the end of the Spring semester.