- Undergraduate Program
Major in Communication
Our undergraduate program provides students with a comprehensive communication education. Our faculty members take pride in our blended approach to theory and application, emphasizing understanding while cultivating ability. As a result, our students graduate with the knowledge of how to communicate both effectively and ethically.
At SLU, we offer students five areas of concentration in the communication discipline.
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Communication, Culture and Community
- Leadership, Organizing and Relating
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Communication Studies
Minor in Communication
We also offer a minor in Communication, an option many students pursue to increase their versatility. In addition, our department participates in several interdisciplinary minors in the College of Arts and Sciences and the Cook School of Business.
Internships and Activities
To enhance our students' educational experience, we provide an expansive internship program. Many of our students take advantage of internship opportunities with hundreds of different companies each year. Internships provide valuable experience and offer students a chance to identify and refine their career interests and strengths.
In addition to internships, our students participate in many activities outside the classroom, such as:
- digital production studios, where students design projects for class and for fun
- student media organizations, including KSLU, SLU-TV and The University News
- student clubs, including the Ad Club and PR Club
- visiting speakers, forums and events
- Psi Theta, the SLU chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Honor Society
With these opportunities and more, our program offers SLU students of all interests a balanced, diverse education in Communication.