Undergraduate research is the department's second most important mission. Over the years, sophomores, juniors and seniors have been involved on projects covering many fields of physics. Some have even earned a salary while doing it!Quantum Mechanics; Gravity and Relativity Theory
- Ryan Wilson, ``Tree-Level Scattering of Scalar Particles in de Sitter Space, August 2004- May 2006.
- Rachael McDermott, ``Coupled Classical and Quantum Oscillators,'' September 2001--May 2003.
- Alberto Palomo-Lozano, ``Cosmocrystallography,'' January 2003--May 2004.
- Conrad Ramos, ``Classification of Mixed-Content Friedmann-Robertson-Walker Spacetimes,'' January 2006--May 2007.
F. J. Diez Garas and A. Achida. Topic: Computer modeling of He II flow. 1994-95.Physics of fluids
- R. Heine. Topic: Study of chaos theory. 1998 - 2000.
- Mike Bakale, Topic: Chaos in Simple Fluid Flows, 2004-2005.
- Grant Gerdelman, Topic: Blood Flow Simulations, 2005-2006.
- Caitlin Rochford, Topic: Planetary Waves and Weak Turbulence in the Ocean and Atmosphere, 2005- present
- Ben Hurst. Topic: Computer simulation of parafoil inflation - analysis of the early inflation phase; 2005 - 2006. Project funded by the U.S. Army.
- Ty Pershbacher, Becky Brocato, Eric Brighton, Thomas M. Farmer. Topic: Computer simulation of parachute inflation; 1997 to present. Project funded by the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research and by the U.S. Army.
- Becky Brocato, D. Garcia, C. Manglano, L. Esteve, Roberto Montanez, Rod Kutz, Eric Brighton, Thomas M. Farmer, Tobias Hawthorne. Topic: Aerodynamic wind tunnel testing; parachute test drops. 1996 to present. Projects funded by the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research, and the US. Naval Postgraduate School.
- B. C. Fore. Topic: The electric polarizability of the proton and its implication for the spectrum of the Hydrogen atom. 1997 to present. Project partly funded by a Goldwater Fellowship.
- J. C. Criscione. Topic: Study of the quadrupole moment of the deuteron. 1990-91.
- M. J. Missey. Topic: Susceptibility measurements on YBCO superconductors. 1993-95. Project partly funded by a fellowship from the Council on Undergraduate Research.
- S. E. Braun. Topic: Weak links and A.C. losses in Ag-Sheated/T1-Pb-Ba-Ca-Cu-O superconducting tapes. 1996. Project partly funded by a fellowship from the Council on Undergraduate Research.