- Prospective Students
Non-Native Speakers of English
- A TOEFL or IELTs is required to complete an undergraduate application. Students with scores lower than the required academic scores may be offered conditional admission.
- SLU's ETS code for TOEFL scores is 6629.
- Minimum scores for academic admission TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL IBT 80, IELTS 6.5.
- Minimum scores for conditional admission TOEFL PBT 480, TOEFL IBT 55, IELTS 5.5.
- TOEFL and IELTs scores are considered valid for two years.
- If it is determined that additional English studies are necessary, you may be required to take the appropriate ESL and EAP courses prior to, or concurrent with, enrolling in the University's academic programs. Graduate student requirements are determined by their program.
- It may take up to a year and a half, including summers, to pass the language requirements for undergraduate programs if you start in the lower levels.
- Your progress in the ESL and English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programs depends on progress in class work, test scores and writing proficiency. You may have to repeat a level for satisfactory progress.
- Your registration for undergraduate academic coursework is contingent upon satisfactory performance on the TOEFL or IELTS and ESL /EAP coursework. When the minimum language requirements are met, the ESL Academic Committee determines the conditions of release. In the transition semesters, you will have two advisors: an ESL advisor and an academic advisor.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|