- Undergraduate Programs
What Can You Do With a Chemistry Major?
Career options for graduates with degrees in chemistry or biochemistry are many and varied. Career choices include, but are not limited to:
• teaching at the university, college or high school level
• chemical research and development in industry or government laboratories
• pharmaceutical research
• drug discovery and drug development
• environmental research
• management and administration in the chemical industry
• chemical and pharmaceutical sales
• patent law and environmental law
• opportunities in the public health sector
A degree in chemistry or biochemistry is good preparation for students wishing to continue their post-baccalaureate education in graduate schools of chemistry, biochemistry, health related areas such as pharmacology and toxicology, as well as in professions schools of Medicine, Law, Pharmacy, or Dentistry.