- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Travel Policies and Procedures
- College of Arts & Sciences Policy Manual
- Bylaws of the Faculty Council
- Bylaws of the Alumni Association
- Constitution of the Alumni Association
- Policy on Leaves
- Undergraduate Mentoring
- Rank and Tenure Procedures and Criteria: College Level
- Promotion Policy for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Policy on Academic Honesty
- Procedures for Use in Appealing Allegedly Capricious Semester Grades of Undergraduate Students
- Outstanding Senior Awards
- Guidelines for Undergraduate Research Proposals
- Guidelines for Proposals for Co-Curricular Funds
- Mellon Faculty Development Awards
- Fund for Intellectual Renewal and Enrichment
- Classroom Fund Policy
- Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring Awards
- Emeriti Faculty Policy
- Resources Available to Faculty
- Graduate Education Bulletins
Guidelines for Undergraduate Research Proposals
The Undergraduate Research Fund of the College of Arts & Sciences supports its undergraduates in the pursuit of scholarly and creative activities and in the presentation of the results of such activities at scholarly meetings. Support may include such items as research supplies, computer software, minor equipment, and travel to off-campus research sites and scholarly meetings.
Undergraduates majoring in a discipline within the College of Arts & Sciences are eligible to apply for this program. Students write the proposal under the guidance of an Arts & Sciences faculty sponsor (who must sign the proposal to document his/her support for and supervision of the project). The signature of the student's major Departmental Chairperson or Program Director is also required.
LEVELS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Under normal conditions, each applicant shall receive no more than $500.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
Criteria for the award include the feasibility of the project, quality of the research or creative plan, educational value of the project to the student, and support of the project from departmental or other sources via matching funds.
There are no fixed submission dates. Proposals are reviewed as received.
1. Name of student applicant
2. Name of sponsoring faculty member
3. Department of applicant
4. Mail address, e-mail address, and phone number of applicant
5. Title of project
6. Date of proposed research project
7. Description of project (not more than two pages)
8. Matching funds from Department (if any)
9. Itemized budget
10. Signature of sponsoring faculty member
11. Signature of major Chairperson or Program Director
ADMINISTRATION OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH FUND
The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences administers the Undergraduate Research Fund. Please send the completed application to the Office of the Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, Verhaegen Hall 3rd Floor.