- Majors & Degrees
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing (AMSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner (MSN-NP)
- Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Baccalaureate (BSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Master's (MSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies (SPS) in accordance with SPS guidelines. They will then take up to 54 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After successful completion of SPS pre-nursing core courses with a "C" or higher, the student will automatically be transferred to the School of Nursing as a RN to BSN major.
*Saint Louis University currently accepts applications to the RN to BSN program from those who reside in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Required Application Documents
- Completed Saint Louis University Application from the School of Professional Studies.
- Official transcripts from previous nursing programs.
- Official transcripts from any other community college, college, or university attended.
- Copy of current RN license.
Saint Louis University School of Nursing accepts applications for the summer, fall and spring semesters on a rolling basis.
Academic advising for the RN to BSN Program is available through the School for Professional Studies by calling (314) 977-2330 or (800) 737-6736.
Transfer of Credit
Saint Louis University School of Nursing readily accepts direct transfer of nursing course credit hours from qualified diploma and associate degree programs. RNs are able to transfer 38 nursing credit hours to Saint Louis University, which are credited to the student's transcript after the student successfully completes Nursing 380, a required bridge course. Additional general education credits also may be applied to the degree through this plan. A maximum of 9 semester hours of coursework from an accredited program in nursing may be accepted as baccalaureate level nursing credit.
Non-nursing course work completed at an accredited community college, college or university is evaluated for transfer on an individual basis at the time of application. Collegiate-level courses with a minimum grade of "C", which fulfill the BSN curriculum requirements, are accepted. For information about course equivalencies, please click here.