- Majors & Degrees
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Accelerated Generalist Master's of Science in Nursing (AGMSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner (MSN-NP)
- Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Baccalaureate (BSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Master's (MSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
Applicants to the PhD nursing program apply to Graduate Education of Saint Louis University for admission. Applicants for admission are considered individually based on the following admissions requirements:
- Graduate Education application for admission to classified (degree-seeking) status.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Official report of GRE General Test scores for test taken within last 5 years.
- Recommendations from three persons (preferably master's or PhD prepared nurses) who can describe applicant's academic and professional accomplishments and applicant's potential for success in a PhD nursing program of study.
- One copy of the applicant's curriculum vitae.
- Applicant's written statement describing clinical experience, career goals, research interests, and commitment to research and scholarly inquiry.
- Priority Deadline - February 1 (Especially for international students to prepare for visa and moving to St. Louis, Missouri. International students must study English as a Second Language in the summer prior to fall semester.)
- Deadline - June 1 (Contact the Director of the PhD program to inquire about an extension of the deadline)
- For matriculation in late August for fall semester.
- The same deadline whether planning to study on-campus or distance learning.