Basic Preparation Course
Basic Preparation Course Schedule
The online course is offered in the fall and spring academic semesters. Start times are generally mid August and mid January. Please register early by August 15th for fall and January 15th for spring, however registrations are accepted at anytime.
You will be able to log on to Saint Louis University School of Nursing long distance education network, where you will listen to the computer lectures as your schedule permits. The assumption is that you will listen to one lecture per week for 16 weeks. You will have the opportunity to participate in on line discussions with other nurses and course faculty.
Saint Louis University School of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Missouri Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Forty (40) contact hours will be awarded for full participation in the course.
MONA Provider #115-III
- History and Models of Parish Nursing
- Functions of the Parish Nurse
- Theology of Health
- Assessment of the Congregation and Community
- Management of a Parish Nurse Practice
- Documentation and Accountability
- Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Spiritual Caregiving
- Working with the congregation and ministerial team
- Loss and Grief
- Self Care for the Parish Nurse
- Judith L. Myers, MSN, RN
- Former Assistant Professor of Nursing Saint Louis University
- Parish Nurse, Lafayette Park UMC 1993-2003
- Assistant Professor of Nursing Grand View College Des Moines Iowa.
- Faculty members from the School of Nursing Saint Louis University
- Experts in faith and health from congregations in the St. Louis metropolitan area.