A Parish Nurse...
ON-LINE Parish Nursing
- A registered nurse who facilitates the holistic health of a congregation and in doing so helps the church or synagogue reclaim its healing ministry.
- The Parish Nurse provides care that focuses on the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical dimensions of the person who is striving to achieve or maintain wellness and to manage illness.
- The Parish Nurse develops a faith-based practice in response to the unique needs and priorities of the congregational members across the life span.
- The Parish Nurse functions in a variety of roles that include educator, counselor, advocate, and referral agent.
- The Parish Nurse collaborates with the pastoral staff and members of the congregation in the ongoing transformation of the faith community as a source of health and healing.
- Parish Nurses currently practice in congregations of every denomination in rural, suburban, and urban settings across the United States and internationally.