- Current Student Resources
- Student Handbooks
- Learning Online/Distance Learning
- Course Descriptions
- Professional Liability
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Sigma Theta Tau Delta Lambda At Large Chapter
- MSN-NP & Post-Master's NP Certificate
- Clinical Requirements
- Online Requirements
- Program Requisites
- Specialty and Role Descriptions
- Student Representation
MSN-NP & Post-Master's NP Certificate
The following information is intended to facilitate your progression through the graduate program. As part of Graduate Education all students enrolled in the MSN-NP and Post-Master's NP Certificate Nursing Programs are subject to the rules and regulations cited in the Graduate Education Catalog unless superseded by policies of the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing handbook covers numerous topics including academic integrity, advising, communications, graduation, policies, progression, registration, and requirements.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science in Nursing (Advanced Practice) degree program are educated to:
- Implement collaborative strategies to provide ethical, high quality, safe, effective, patient-centered care.
- Use scholarly inquiry including evidence-based practice and research application to improve decision-making and health outcomes.
- Integrate advanced competencies, skills, theories, and cultural sensitivity in relationships with patients and professionals.
- Design culturally sensitive patient care that includes health promotion and disease prevention.
- Facilitate the improvement of health care through leadership within health care systems and communities.
- Demonstrate competence in a specialized area of advanced practice nursing that builds on foundational nursing knowledge.
- Utilize health care informatics and technologies to support practice.
- Advocate for policies that improve the health of the public and the profession of nursing.
Please click here to view the MSN-NP and Post-Master's NP Certificate handbook.