Linda L. Haycraft
MSN (R), RN, CPNP, Assistant Professor, Director of the Simulation LabSaint Louis University
School of Nursing
office: (314) 977-8972
fax: (314) 977-8949
Teaching: Linda Haycraft joined the Saint Louis University School of Nursing in 1983. She has taught in the area of Nursing of Children from 1983 until 2008. She functioned as one of the course coordinators for Nursing of Children, clinical component. She presented many of the pediatric lectures as well as having clinical groups at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. Since 2008 she has been the coordinator for Clinical Simulation as well as coordinator for the Clarke Skills Lab. Since obtaining this role, the simulation lab has undergone two major renovations expanding the simulation lab from a 135 square foot space to multiple rooms amounting to over She is the faculty advisor for the School of Nursing Student Nurses' Association.
Practice: Ms. Haycraft has a broad range of experiences practicing as a pediatric nurse at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis, Mo. She was a staff nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit, one of the original members of Cardinal Glennon's Neonatal Transport Team, the assistant head nurse of the Neonatal ICU, a staff nurse in the emergency department, and director of the Emergency Room Fellowship Program at Glennon. She is an instructor for the American Heart Association in Pediatric Advanced Life Support / Pediatric Advanced Cardio-Respiratory, and Trauma Support for Life (PALS/PACTS). Currently, Ms. Haycraft is a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the Emergency Department at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center.
Research and Scholarly Activities: Ms. Haycraft has been is currently interested in research related to simulation particularly interdisciplinary simulations. She was the primary investigator in a research project between Saint Louis University's Medical and Nursing school entitled A Curriculum to Use Simulation Exercises to Assess Medical Communication Skills between Members of the Health Care Team.
Ms. Haycraft attends either the International Nursing Association of Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) or the Society for Simulation in Healthcare meeting each year. She also attends the NAPNAP conference along with several of the meetings for the St. Louis Chapter of NAPNAP. She has given presentations on simulations at an AACN conference in Jacksonville, FL, at the IMSH conference in San Diego, CA, and at the International Association of Medical Science Educators meeting in St. Petersburg, FL. She has also given local presentations on Nursing of Children to the School Partnership Nurses and at the Advanced Practice Nursing Conferences.
- Post-Master's Certificate, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Saint Louis University
- MSN(R), Nursing of Children, Saint Louis University
- BSN, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- AA, Liberal Arts, Belleville Area College
- Rubbelke, C,. Keenan, S., & Haycraft, L. An Interactive Simulated Electronic Health Record Using Google Drive. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing 32 (1)
- Haycraft, L. (2011). Fluid Balance in Infants and Children. In Metheny, N. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance: Nursing Considerations (5th ed.). Sudberry, MA. Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Haycraft, L. (2000). Care of the child: Cardiovascular disorders. Gastrointestinal disorders. In Z. Lenkiewicz & K. Haworth (Eds.), NCLEX-RN questions & answers incredibly easy! Springhouse, PA: Springhouse Publishing.
- Haycraft, L. (1998). Nursing care of adults with disorders of the liver, biliary tract, and exocrine pancreas. In Beare & Myers (Eds.), Principles and practice of adult health nursing (3rd ed.). St. Louis: C.V. Mosby.
- Haycraft, L. (1994). Nursing care of adults with disorders of the liver, biliary tract, and exocrine pancreas. In Beare & Myers (Eds.), Principles and practice of adult health nursing (2nd ed.). St. Louis: C. V. Mosby.
- Haycraft, L. (1990). Nursing care of adults with disorders of the liver, biliary tract, and exocrine pancreas. In Beare & Myers (Eds.), Principles and practice of adult health nursing. St. Louis: C. V. Mosby.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- Saint Louis chapter of NAPNAP
- Delta Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
- International Nursing Association of Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Former member of International Association of Medical Science Educators.