Saint Louis University
School of Nursing
office: (314) 977-8946
fax: (314) 977-8949
Teaching: Geralyn Meyer joined the Saint Louis University School of Nursing faculty in August 1991. She has taught in a variety of areas but currently teaches The Clinical Concepts in Nursing Practice Course and Evidence Based Practice courses.
Practice: Her practice experience has been predominantly with older adults. She was certified as a Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist by the American Nurses Credentialing Center in 1996.
Research and Scholarly Activity: Gerrie´s research interest is in nursing education . She is currently working on a project related to the relationship of resilience to new nursing graduates´ transition to practice as well as looking at the influence of the State Board of Nursing regulations on nursing education.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD) University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Master of Science in Nursing-Research (MSN-R) Saint Louis University
- Area of Emphasis: Medical Surgical Nursing
- Functional Role Preparation: Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Saint Louis University
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), Forest Park Community College
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader, Commission on Nursing Certification
- Meyer, G., & Lavin, M.A. (2005). "Vigilance: The essence of nursing" Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Meyer, G. A., Hoover, K., & Maposa, S. (2006). A profile of accelerated BSN graduates 2004. Journal of Nursing Education, 45(8): 324-327.
- Meyer G. A., Lavin M. A., & Perry A. G. (2007). Is it time for a new category of nursing diagnosis? International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications, 18(2), 45-50.
- L'Ecuyer, K. & Meyer, G. (2011). Educating students for a new nursing role: The Clinical Nurse Leader. Missouri State Board of Nursing Newsletter, 13(2), 3.
- American Nurses´ Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- NANDA International