Students can enroll in a guided internship course either during the school year or during the summer. Follow this checklist to secure your pre-law internship.
Once an internship site is secured, students must register for PLS 410 or POLS 388: Legal Internships. Students should contact Janet O'Hallaron, J.D., the instructor for the class for information on how the directed study will be structured and graded.
You can visit our Career Services Office for more information about internships or participate in internship opportunities available through the pre-law program, which include:
- American Civil Liberties of Eastern Missouri
- Legal Advocates for Abused Women
- 22nd Judicial Circuit of Missouri/Family Court/Juvenile Division
- United States Pretrial Services
- Interfaith Legal Services for Immigrants
- St. Louis Circuit Attorney's Office-Victim's Service Unit
- Equal Housing Opportunity Council
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
- St. Charles Prosecuting Attorney's Office-Victim Advocates Unit
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of St. Louis County
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance
- Missourians to Abolish the Death Penalty
To find out more about legal internships:
Contact your pre-law advisor for more information and assistance in securing an internship. (A-L: Joyce LaFontain, M-Z: Colleen Dunn). For additional information contact Janet O'Hallaron.