- Graduate Programs
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Why a SLU MA?
- Career Opportunities
- Who should apply?
- American Politics
- Public Policy
- International Affairs
- Gender and Politics
- Political Theory
- Capstone Project
- Cognate Field
- Master of Public Administration
- The Dual M.P.A./M.A. in Political Science Program
- Dual J.D./M.A. in Political Science
- Dual J.D./M.P.A
- Dual M.S.W./M.P.A
- Ph.D. in Public and Social Policy
- Global and Local Social Justice Minor
- How to apply
- Paying for graduate school
- Forms and Procedures
M.A. Capstone Project
The M.A. in Political Science at Saint Louis University culminates in a capstone project. There are four options (follow the links on the right for more information):
- The M.A. thesis (6 credit hours)
- The capstone internship (6 credit hours)
- The professional quality paper (0 credit hours)
- The comprehensive exam (0 credit hours)
All students need 30 credit hours for the degree; hence, the first two options require 24 credit hours of classes plus the 6 credit-hour capstone. The last two options require a full 30 hours of classes.
According to Graduate School regulations, all M.A. programs must have an oral exam conducted by three faculty members. For Political Science, this exam will be tailored to fit each of the capstone options.