Campus Alerts & Access to the Daily Crime/Fire Log
Click to access the Daily Crime/Fire Log
Campus Safety Notice
April 23, 2013
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Today, April 23, Tenet Security reported the following incident to Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness (DPSEP):
At approximately 2:15 p.m., a visitor, not affiliated with Saint Louis University, using the West Pavilion parking lot of the Saint Louis University Hospital was robbed at gunpoint by a white male who fled the area in a green sedan.
The visitor was not injured.
The St. Louis Police Department responded and is investigating. DPSEP increased patrols around the Saint Louis University Hospital area.
Below are actions you can take that will help you stay safe:
- If you are the victim of a crime immediately call DPSEP at 314-977-3000 or 911.
- Always remain alert and aware of your surroundings. Scan parking lots, sidewalks, and streets for suspicious persons and activity.
- Avoid being distracted by use of your cell phone or iPod.
- Report suspicious activity or persons to DPSEP or the Metropolitan Police.
- Make a mental note of gender, race, age, height, clothing, and distinguishing characteristics and mannerisms of the suspect. Also note direction of travel. If more than one suspect is involved, concentrate on the person closest to you.
- For other crime prevention tips and other safety information, visit the DPSEP website at http://www.slu.edu/x22899.xml.
Safety Alerts are posted on this website for thirty days.