- Clery Report, Log, and Policy
Campus Alerts & Access to the Daily Crime Log
Click to access the Daily Crime Log
Campus Safety Notice
January 15, 2015
This morning, at approximately 12:15 am the Department of Public Safety received a call from a student at the Coronado Apartments who stated while walking east on Lindell Boulevard from Vandeventor a black male, who was running east on Vandeventor grabbed her from from behind, then continued running east on Lindell out of site. The student was not injured during the incident. Officers from DPS and St. Louis Metropolitan Police responded, but failed to locate a suspect. An investigation is ongoing.
In light of this incident, we would like to remind you of some important safety tips:
• If you are the victim of a crime, call DPS at 314-977-3000 or 911 immediately.
• Always remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Avoid being distracted by use of your cell phone or other portable devices.
• Scan parking lots, sidewalks and streets for suspicious persons and activity.
• If you see a suspicious person or activity, call DPS at 314-977-3000 or 911 right away.
• If you are involved in an incident, try to make a mental note of the distinguishing characteristics and mannerisms of the suspect.
• Focus on the one closest to you if more than one suspect is involved.
• Try to note the direction of travel of the suspect(s) from the scene of the incident.
January 10, 2015
Today, January 10, DPS was notified at approximately 815 pm that at 730pm, a valet, working at Hotel Ignacio, was robbed at gun point as he crossed south on Locust St at the driveway of the Hotel.
The suspect is a Black Male, wearing a red hooded sweatshirt. He was armed with a black handgun. The suspect fled east on Locust St. towards Robert May Hall.
The employee was not injured.
The St. Louis Police Department responded and is investigating. DPS increased patrols around the campus and Hotel Ignacio
Below are actions you can take that will help you stay safe:
• If you are the victim of a crime immediately call DPS at 314-977-3000 or 911.
• Always remain alert and aware of your surroundings. Scan parking lots, sidewalks, and streets for suspicious persons and activity.
• Avoid being distracted by use of your cell phone or iPod.
• Report suspicious activity or persons to DPS or the Metropolitan Police.
• Make a mental note of gender, race, age, height, clothing, and distinguishing characteristics and mannerisms of the suspect. Also note direction of travel. If more than one suspect is involved, concentrate on the person closest to you.
• For other crime prevention tips and safety information, visit the DPS web site athttp://www.slu.edu/x22899.xmlStudents
Captain Christopher P. Bingham, M.S.
Asst. Director, Field Operations
Department of Public Safety
Saint Louis University
3545 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
(314) 977-3404 - office
(314) 565-1185 - cell phone