Diagnosis, treatment and ongoing management for all forms of respiratory disease and critical illness
SLUCare pulmonologists and critical care physicians diagnose and treat people with all forms of respiratory disease and critical illness, such as acute respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome and severe infections such as sepsis.
We also treat asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD), lung cancer and blood clots in the legs and/or lungs), as well as pulmonary hypertension, occupational lung problems, adult cystic fibrosis, and sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea.
Your diagnosis and treatment take place in our state-of-the-art facilities, allowing us to provide sophisticated lung function tests, chest imaging, bronchoscopies, lung biopsies and other diagnostic procedures.
We also offer evaluations for lung transplantation, non-invasive mechanical ventilation and assistance weaning from mechanical ventilation, as well as pulmonary rehabilitation services for people with COPD.
Our patients are evaluated at the Doctors Office Building in Midtown St. Louis (314-977-6190), as well as at SLUCare Des Peres (314-977-9600).
Problems We Treat
- Acute respiratory failure
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring ventilator support
- Severe infections/sepsis
- Chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Thromboembolic disease (blood clots in the legs and/or lungs)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Occupational lung problems
- Adult cystic fibrosis
- Sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome
Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary stress evaluations for the workup of unexplained shortness of breath
- Chest imaging
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic pleural and lung biopsy
- Interventional bronchoscopic procedures, including argon laser bronchoscopy and brachytherapy
- Evaluations for lung transplantation
- Non-invasive mechanical ventilation
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation
SLUCare Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Locations
Doctors Office Building [map]
3660 Vista Ave., Suite 202
St. Louis, MO 63110
Salus Center [map]
SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center
3545 Lafayette Ave., Suite 1100
St. Louis, MO 63104
SLUCare Des Peres (Medical Arts Pavilion II) [map]
2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 205
St. Louis, MO 63122