SLUCare Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Diagnosis, treatment and ongoing management for all forms of respiratory disease and critical illness
SLUCare's Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine are recognized as among the nation's best by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. We offer comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and ongoing management of patients with all forms of respiratory disease and critical illness.
Inpatient and outpatient services are organized and staffed to enable prompt, thorough and individualized evaluation and treatment of respiratory problems such as acute respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring ventilator support, severe infections/sepsis, asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD), lung cancer, thromboembolic disease (blood clots in the legs and/or lungs), pulmonary hypertension, occupational lung problems, adult cystic fibrosis, and sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea.
Diagnosis and treatment take place in the state-of-the-art facilities, allowing the team to provide sophisticated pulmonary function tests; cardiopulmonary stress evaluations for the workup of unexplained dyspnea; helical, thin-cut and fast computed tomographic chest imaging; video-assisted thoracoscopic pleural and lung biopsy; interventional bronchoscopic procedures, including argon laser bronchoscopy and brachytherapy; lung transplantation evaluation; non-invasive mechanical ventilation; weaning from mechanical ventilation; and multidisciplinary medical intensive care services.
We also provide pulmonary rehabilitation services to assist patients with COPD and features a programmatic approach to ventilator-dependent patients requiring long-term acute care services.
Respiratory Problems We Treat
- Acute respiratory failure
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome requiring ventilator support
- Severe infections/sepsis
- Chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Thromboembolic disease (blood clots in the legs and/or lungs)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Occupational lung problems
- Adult cystic fibrosis
- Sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome
- Cardiopulmonary stress evaluations for the workup of unexplained dyspnea
- Helical, thin-cut and fast computed tomographic chest imaging
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic pleural and lung biopsy
- Interventional bronchoscopic procedures, including argon laser bronchoscopy and brachytherapy
- Lung transplantation evaluation
- Non-invasive mechanical ventilation
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation
- Multidisciplinary medical intensive care services
Patricia Dettenmeier, N.P., MSN
Aditya Uppalapati, M.D.
Ashok Satyamurthy Kirumaki, M.D.
Soophia Naydenov, M.D.
Raman Malhotra, M.D.
David A. Stoeckel, M.D.
Ravi Nayak, M.D., FCCP
Kirk Flury, M.D.
Joseph R. Espiritu, M.D., FCCP
Doctors Office Building [map]
3660 Vista Ave., Suite 202
St. Louis, MO 63110
Salus Center [map]
SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center
3545 Lafayette Ave., Suite 1100
St. Louis, MO 63104
SLUCare Des Peres (Medical Arts Pavilion II) [map]
2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 205
St. Louis, MO 63122