Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management is a four year program. After completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the Registered Health information Administrator (RHIA) credentialing exam. As an RHIA, you are the critical link between care providers, payers, and patients.
SLU also offers an accelerated 18 month option for those already possessing a bachelor's degree.
Highlights of SLU's Health Information Management (HIM) Program:
- Oldest University-based Health Information Management program in the nation since 1936.
- Continuously accredited through the Commission on the Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- One of only 54 Health Information Management programs in the United States.
- National certification pass rates consistently exceed national average.
- Discipline specific scholarships available.
- Typically has a 100% placement rate within three months of graduation for HIM graduates seeking employment.
- 50 hospitals, clinics, physician offices and other health-related entities provide students with a variety of professional practice opportunities.
The Health Information Management baccalaureate program at Saint Louis University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).http://www.cahiim.org