Using Google Apps
Along with your SLU Google e-mail account, you get access to Google Apps, an online suite of different applications to help you manage your time, communicate with other people, and even collaborate on projects.
To get into Google Apps, log into mySLU, then click on the Tools tab, and then the Google Apps icon. Once you're in, you'll see the following menu options:
- Sites - Users can work together on a Site to add file attachments, information from other Google applications, and new free-form content. You control who has access, whether it's just yourself, your team, or your whole organization. You can even publish Sites to the world.
- Docs - an online tool for creating and editing documents and spreadsheets. It works like a network drive, allowing you - and others who have your permission - to collaborate on documents.
- Calendar - gives you the ability to manage your own schedule and share events or even calendars with others.
- Email - your SLU e-mail account, with 6GB of storage.
- Chat - a built-in web-based chat client; no other software is needed.
More information on all Google Apps can be found on Information Technology Services' (ITS) Google Apps information page.