Offering help and treatment for excessive sweating.
Excessive sweating, beyond what is needed to control body temperature, is called hyperhidrosis and affects nearly 3 percent of the population. Most commonly, this excessive sweating occurs in the underarms, hands, feet, forehead or groin. Hyperhidrosis can have a profound impact on daily life, making even simple tasks and interactions difficult.
Fortunately, there are a number of effective options for treating excessive sweating. Dee Anna Glaser, M.D., and the team of professionals in SLUCare's Hyperhidrosis Clinic provide a thorough evaluation and discussion of treatment options that are best for your type of sweating disorder.
About the SLUCare Hyperhidrosis Clinic
SLUCare's hyperhidrosis treatment team includes our clinical research physicians, as well as Rosemary King, PA-C, Jane Romano, R.N., and Carla Hendrickson, R.M.A. and Jayne Donner, R.M.A., who are iontophoresis technicians. Treatments available at the SLUCare Hyperhidrosis Clinic include:
- Topical over-the-counter and prescription medications for excessive sweating
- An oral prescription medication that reduces sweating
- Iontophoresis treatment of the hands and feet (soaking the areas in a water bath with weak electric current)
- Botox® injections into affected areas
- Surgical suction removal of underarm sweat glands
- Microwave destruction of underarm sweat glands
- miraDry® procedure to destroy underarm sweat glands
- Axillary sweat gland liposuction
In addition, Dr. Glaser has focused on improving the understanding and treatment of sweating disorders, and regularly offers patients the option of participation in the latest hyperhidrosis clinical trials. A world-renowned expert in the treatment of hyperhidrosis, Dr. Glaser is the principal investigator of dozens of groundbreaking studies evaluating treatments for excessive sweating.
To make an appointment with Dr. Glaser in the Hyperhidrosis Clinic, call (314) 977-9666. Please print and fill out the new patient hyperhidrosis history form prior to your first appointment.
Additional Hyperhidrosis Services
- Hyperhidrosis focused history and examination
- Treatment plans tailored to individual patients
- Cutting-edge hyperhidrosis clinical trials of new treatments and technology