Treatment for urinary incontinence and female organ prolapse
The team of urogynecologists at SLUCare has been treating women with disorders involving incontinence and prolapse longer than anybody else in the St. Louis area. Our physicians are fellowship-trained and board-certified experts in both surgical and non-surgical techniques to give you relief from difficulties in the pelvic region.
Additionally, many of our patients are referred from other gynecological surgeons after experiencing complications from pelvic surgery at another hospital or clinic.
We are among the only physicians performing vaginal surgery to address female organ prolapse or hysterectomies. This single-incision surgery has the lowest potential risk and usually leads to a shorter recovery time than other alternatives.
Our Vulvar and Vaginal Disorders Specialty Center serves women of all ages who are experiencing problems of the outer genital area and/or vagina.
One of our doctors was among the team of researchers and physicians trained to implant a pacemaking device to help control frequent or urgent urination. Another doctor was among the first to use acupuncture in the ankle to relieve the same issues.
Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatment Options
- Multi-channel urodynamic studies
- Office cystoscopy
- Sacral and pudendal nerve testing
- Sacral nerve neurostimulator implants for refractory urge incontinence
- Peripheral nerve stimulation for overactive bladder
- Vaginal, abdominal, and laparoscopic surgery for stress incontinence
- Vaginal and abdominal robotic surgery for pelvic organ prolapse
- Office injection therapy for stress incontinence
- Office pessary placement for prolapse
- Pelvic relaxation techniques
- Evaluation and treatment of recurrent UTIs and painful bladder syndrome
- Evaluation of bowel incontinence including anal ultrasound
SLUCare Urogynecology Office Location
Women's Health Pavilion at SSM St. Mary's Health Center
1031 Bellevue Ave., Suite 400
St. Louis, MO 63117