- Office of Research Development and Services (ORDS)
- Animals, Human Subjects, and Biosafety
- Budget Preparation
- Contact ORDS
- Documents Commonly Needed
- Find Funding
- Grant Winner Reception
- Information Commonly Needed
- Internal Awards
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Resource Page
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Resource Page
- Resources & Quicklinks
- Learn about the Grants Process
- Issue a Subaward/Subcontract
- Conduct a Clinical Trial
- The ONE Series
- Use eRS - Electronic Research Services
Submit Standard Grant Proposals
If proposal is in paper form, Principal Investigator submits proposal, checking to make sure deadline is receipt or postmark. ORDS submits all Grants.gov applications and those of other electronic submission systems requiring institution to authorize submission.
1. Complete your application according to the Sponsor's instructions and guidelines.
- Consult "Information Most Commonly Needed" for required institutional information (DUNS Number, Tax Identification Number, etc.)
- If your project includes a subcontract that will be issued to another organization, obtain and upload a Scope of Work, Budget, Budget Justification, and Letter of Intent to Establish a Consortium from the partnering organization.
2. Obtain Institutional Approvals:
- Login in to the eRS system, select your name in the upper right hand corner, and select "Create New Proposal".
- Upload your application to the "Attachment Status" section of your Transmittal form.
- Electronically sign and submit. Instructions for using eRS are here.
- Encourage prompt review from chair and dean.
ORDS Policy on Lead Time for Proposal Submission- Proposals must be submitted to ORDS (5) five full working days prior to the sponsor deadline in order to guarantee submission by deadline.
3. Submit Proposal
- If proposal is in paper form, Principal Investigator submits proposal, checking to make sure deadline is receipt or postmark.
- ORDS submits all Grants.gov applications and those of other electronic submission systems requiring institution to authorize submission.
4. Receive Notification of Status
- Upload a Notice of Award or notification of rejection to your eRS Transmittal Form, and inform ORDS.
- ORDS will administratively update the status of your proposal in order to properly report on funding.