Welcome to the Saint Louis University Center for Service and Community Engagement, your home for becoming connected to the community! Here at the CSCE, we can provide you with a multitude of opportunities to:
We connect students, faculty, staff, and alumni to volunteer opportunities in the community,
We promote community-based scholarship by supporting campus-wide service-learning efforts and fostering university-community research partnerships.
We encourage personal and social responsibility by transforming volunteers into effective servant leaders and advocates of social justice.
Location: Center for Global Citizenship, Suite 130
What's Going On Now?
- Welcome/Welcome Back to Campus - Ready to Serve?
How would you like to become involved with service to your community?
- One-Time Volunteer Opportunities: Check out our list of upcoming service projects during the end of August and all of September! Plenty of opportunities are within walking distance of campus or a Metro stop, so no car needed. These projects are ready for individual students or student groups to plug right in and start serving!
- Ongoing Service Opportunities: Ready to make an in-depth commitment to service? Complete this Service Interest Form, and a member of our staff will contact you directly with personalized service opportunities that match your schedule and passions!
- Ferguson Panel Discussion Announced
Join us on Thursday, September 4th at 4pm in the College Church Ballroom for a panel discussion featuring SLU professors and local community leaders on what Ferguson means to us, and where we as a community can go from here.
Click here for more information. Sponsored by the Center for Service and Community Engagement and the Department of Theology.
- 2014-2015 Community Service Federal Work-Study Jobs Now Available!
Are you an FWS-eligible student next year? How would you like to serve your community, and earn $10 per hour while doing it? Check out the Community Service FWS Program, and enroll today. A listing of jobs can be found in Career Link (under "Off-Campus Federal Work-Study), or by clicking here. For more information on how to enroll, please contact Bobby Wassel at email@example.com.