Center for Service and Community Engagement
The Saint Louis University Center for Service and Community Engagement creates a coordinated interface between the University and the urban communities that surround it, seeking ultimately to prepare participants to be effective servant leaders and agents for social change, as well as to foster the creation of a just and equitable society by supporting efforts of students, faculty, and staff in the areas of community service, service learning, academic research, and community partnerships.
We serve the entire SLU campus as a clearinghouse and consultants for:
- Service opportunities for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Academic learning and community engagement.
- Research to identify strategies that will enhance a just and equitable society.
What's Going On Now?
- Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Hanging around this summer? Visit our Summer Volunteer Opportunities to check out some ways to continue volunteering, both one-time and on an ongoing basis.
- Trash to Treasure Sustainable Move-Out Program
May 7th - 14th, All Around Campus!
Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to bring their unwanted furniture, appliances, clothing, books, and unopened food to a Trash to Treasure donation collection tent. Collected items will be donated to charities in St. Louis and unusable items will be given to various recycling agencies.
Contact Mary Longenbaker at 314-977-4587 or email@example.com for more information/
Tents will be located at:
- Reinert Hall
- Marchetti West
- Griesedieck Hall
- Pruellage Hall
- Village Apartments
- Fusz Hall
- Alley between DeMattias and Marguerite Halls
- MuckFest MS
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Location: Federated Auto Parts Raceway
1540 Herky-Horine Road
Pevely, MO 63070
MuckFest MS is a 5 mile obstacle course in the mud to benefit the National MS Society.There is no fee to register as a volunteer. Volunteers can get into the mucky action on the course or stay on dry land in the festival or registration areas. More details about volunteer positions can be found here
Also, check out our website for more information about the National MS Society's MuckFest
- StepUp! St. Louis
StepUp! St. Louis has three events in May that they can use some volunteers to help with:
- Friday, May 17, 2013 - Humane Society of MO "Bark in the Park" Setup in Cricket Field in Forest Park Hill. 10 Volunteers 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Volunteers will help with pre-event setup. Free parking throughout Forest Park. Coordinator Norma Deen Juracsik 314-862-6793.
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 - Humane Society of MO "Bark in the Park" Event in Cricket Field in Forest Park Hill. 10 Volunteers 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Volunteers will help with event - General duties as assigned to assist. Free parking throughout Forest Park. Coordinator Rita Long 314-544-6207.
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 - Life Skills "Walk Run ‘n Roll" at Busch Stadium, 700 Clark Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63102, from 7:30AM to 3:00 PM. 5 Volunteers for first shift 9:30 AM -2PM for Rally Security; 6 Volunteers for second shift 10:30 AM - 2 PM for Passing out Flyers. Coordinator Gene Koziatek 314-846-7819.