Specific guidelines for export controls are intricate and change often based on global circumstances. The following is a basic checklist for determining if your research is subject to export control limitations.
Please Note: A positive response to any of these questions raises a "red flag" and may require a full export control review.
- Does the funding agency require any restrictions on publication, presentation, or dissemination of information?
- Is any work being performed outside of the United States?
- Does this proposal involve working with foreign nationals other than full-time SLU employees?
- Do the funding agency's proposal guidelines require identification of foreign nationals by name or country?
- Are you taking, shipping, or sharing information, materials, or technology (including equipment) outside of the United States?
- Are you or any member of your research team traveling outside of the United States?
For further information, please contact the office of Responsible Conduct of Research at 314-977-2262.