- International Students
- Admitted International Students
- Summer Acculturation Programs
- International Student Handbook
- Applying for a Student Visa
- Airport Pick-Up Service
- Arriving in the USA
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- SLU Writing Exam
- ESL Testing Fee
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Culture Shock
- Higher Education in the United States
- Current International Students
Admitted International Students
- Send Your Declaration of Financial Support
- Confirm Your Enrollment
- Apply for a Visa
- Find Housing
- Accept Your Scholarship
- Fill Out Health Forms
- Submit Your Travel Itinerary for Airport Pick-Up
- Submit Your ESL Testing Fee
- Prepare Your Paperwork for Arriving in the U.S.
- Attend the International Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance to Saint Louis University! We look forward to welcoming you to the SLU community and answering any questions that you may have about enrolling as an international student at Saint Louis University.
For more information about finalizing your enrollment and to learn more about the many opportunities that await you on Saint Louis University's campus, please refer to your electronic admission packet and be sure to complete the tasks outlined below. Click here to view the admission packet.
PLEASE NOTE: To complete some of the tasks below, you will need your SLU Net ID and your Banner ID, which you will receive with your electronic admission notification after being admitted to SLU. For instructions on activating your SLU Net ID and logging into the mySLU online portal for the first time, please click here.
All international students are required to demonstrate financial capability to cover tuition and living expenses for one year at Saint Louis University. The estimated amount for tuition and living expenses for one academic year currently is $55,536 USD for academic undergraduate students and $30,806 USD for ESL students.
Exchange students must demonstrate financial capability to cover their living expenses for the duration of their period of study. The estimated cost of living for one year is approximately $16,836 USD and for one semester is $8,418 USD.
Proof of financial support must include the following:
- An original statement or letter (certification) from the sponsor's bank verifying that such funds currently are available and will be so for each subsequent year of your study at the University. The financial evidence must cover at least the amount of expenses needed for the first year of your study.
- An original letter (declaration) of financial support from the person(s) or sponsoring agency providing funds for your tuition and living expenses for the duration of your study at Saint Louis University.
Photocopies, scanned documents and faxes will NOT be accepted.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTS TO:
Saint Louis University
Office of International Admission
DuBourg Hall Room 150
One N. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
Please note that there is about one week's processing time from the date your documents are received until they are reflected in our system for review.
- Freshmen and Transfer Students: Login to http://myslu.slu.edu to confirm your enrollment and ensure your place at Saint Louis University by submitting a $450 USD enrollment deposit. $200 of your enrollment deposit to SLU is refundable until May 1, 2015 unless you provide proof that you were denied a visa. Please note: you need to change your password at http://password.slu.edu before logging into mySLU.
- Exchange Students: Confirm your enrollment via email email@example.com.
- Graduate Students: Confirm directly with Graduate Admissions. You should receive further information about this from Graduate Admissions. If you have questions or have not received this information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY FOR A VISA
To secure your visa, schedule an appointment at your U.S. embassy or consulate as soon as possible. As soon as you've scheduled your appointment, please let us know by contacting your International Admission Counselor or emailing your visa status to email@example.com.
Live in a residence hall or apartment on SLU's campus or in one of the many nice neighborhoods close to campus.
- On Campus: All first year students are required to live on the Saint Louis University campus.
Apply for On-Campus Housing:
If you wish to live on-campus, you must complete a housing application and contract via http://myslu.slu.edu.
Pay the Enrollment Deposit:
You will need to pay a $450 USD housing deposit.
- Off-Campus: There are many apartment possibilities nearby SLU's campus. Click here to see a list.
Get more information on confirming your scholarship online.
FILL OUT HEALTH FORMS
All students must provide immunization records and proof of health insurance. Click here for more information about health care at SLU.Get more information on filling out health forms.
SUBMIT YOUR TRAVEL ITINERARY FOR AIRPORT PICK-UP
For Summer 2015, the Office of International Services will be offering airport pick-up service on June 20 and 21.
For Fall 2015, the Office of International Services will be offering airport pick-up service on August 14, 15, and 16.
If you will be traveling from the airport to campus on your own, click here for directions to campus.
For Summer 2015, please submit your travel itinerary by June 1.
For Fall 2015, please submit your travel itinerary by August 1.Get more information on scheduling your airport pick-up.
SUBMIT YOUR ESL TESTING FEE
All conditionally admitted and ESL-only international students who will take the Saint Louis University Paper-based TOEFL must pay the ESL Testing Fee prior to taking the exam.
PREPARE YOUR PAPERWORK FOR ARRIVING IN THE U.S.
Learn about the forms you will fill out en route to the United States, as well as what the immigration inspection will be like once you arrive.
ATTEND THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
Information about SLU's required orientation for international students entering upcoming academic terms.