Admitted International Student Information
Congratulations on your acceptance to Saint Louis University! We look forward to welcoming you to the SLU community and answering any questions that you may have about enrolling as an international student at Saint Louis University.
For more information about finalizing your enrollment and to learn more about the many opportunities that await you on Saint Louis University's campus, please refer to your electronic admission packet and be sure to complete the tasks outlined below. Click here to view the admission packet.
PLEASE NOTE: To complete some of the tasks below, you will need your SLU Net ID and your Banner ID, which you will receive with your electronic admission notification after being admitted to SLU. For instructions on activating your SLUNet ID and logging into the mySLU online portal for the first time, please click here.
SEND YOUR DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
All international students are required to demonstrate financial capability to cover tuition and living expenses for one year at Saint Louis University. The estimated amount for tuition and living expenses for one academic year currently is US$54,684 for academic undergraduate students and US$29,664 for ESL students.
Exchange students must demonstrate financial capability to cover their living expenses for the duration of their period of study. The estimated cost of living for one year is approximately US$17,348 USD and for one semester is US$8,674 USD.
Proof of financial support must include the following:
- An original statement or letter (certification) from the sponsor's bank verifying that such funds currently are available and will be so for each subsequent year of your study at the University. The financial evidence must cover at least the amount of expenses needed for the first year of your study.
- An original letter (declaration) of financial support from the person(s) or sponsoring agency providing funds for your tuition and living expenses for the duration of your study at Saint Louis University.
Photocopies, scanned documents and faxes will NOT be accepted.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTS TO:
Saint Louis University
Office of International Admission
DuBourg Hall Room 150
One N. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
Please note that there is about one week's processing time from the date your documents are received until they are reflected in our system for review.
- Freshmen and Transfer Students: Login to http://myslu.slu.edu to confirm your enrollment and ensure your place at Saint Louis University by submitting a $450 USD enrollment deposit. $200 of your enrollment deposit to SLU is refundable until May 1, 2014 unless you provide proof that you were denied a visa. Please note: you need to change your password at http://password.slu.edu before logging into mySLU.
- Exchange Students: Confirm your enrollment via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Students: Confirm directly with the Graduate School. You should receive further information about this from the Graduate School. If you have questions or have not received this information, e-mail email@example.com.
APPLY FOR A VISA
To secure your visa, schedule an appointment at your U.S. embassy or consulate as soon as possible. As soon as you've scheduled your appointment, please let us know by completing our online Visa Information Form. If this form is unavailable in your geographic location please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live in a residence hall or apartment on SLU's campus or in one of the many nice neighborhoods close to campus.
- On Campus: All first year students are required to live on the Saint Louis University campus.
Apply for On-Campus Housing:
If you wish to live on-campus, you must complete a housing application and contract via http://myslu.slu.edu.
Pay the Enrollment Deposit:
You will need to pay a $450 USD housing deposit. $200 of your enrollment deposit to SLU is refundable until May 1, 2014 unless you provide proof that you were denied a student visa.
- Off-Campus: There are many apartment possibilities nearby SLU's campus. Click here to see a list.
FILL OUT HEALTH FORMS
All students must provide immunization records and proof of health insurance. Click here for more information about health care at SLU.
SUMBIT YOUR TRAVEL ITINERARY FOR AIRPORT PICK-UP
For student entering in the Spring 2014 semester - please scan or forward your itinerary to send to email@example.com. The Office of International Services will be offering airport pickup on January 7 and 8 - however, only limited housing will be open on January 7, please check here to see if your housing will be available on January 7. If you plan to arrive on January 7, but your housing is unavailable, you will need to stay in a hotel until ALL housing opens on January 8. If you will be traveling from the airport to campus on your own, click here for directions to campus.
PREPARE YOUR PAPERWORK FOR ARRIVING IN THE USA
Learn about the forms you will fill out en route to the United States, as well as what the immigration inspection will be like once you arrive.
PREPARE FOR LIFE IN THE USA
Check out SLU's resource guide to find answers to many of your questions about coming to study in the United States.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
Information about SLU's required orientation for international students entering upcoming academic terms.